The Sugar Mommas love a refreshing spring treat. This is delicious and your kids will love it!
Recipe for freezing fresh fruits
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 pounds of peeled and pitted citrus fruits such as grapefruit, orange, or pineapple *
- Pinch of coarse sea salt (kosher salt can be used)
1. Put the water and sugar in a medium sauce pan and cook over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Take it from the stove and let it cool off.
2. Place the fruit in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the fruit is pureed.
3. Place a fine metal sieve over the pot of sugar syrup. Pour 1/3 of the pureed fruits into the sieve and use a spatula or spoon to press the fruits against the sieve, pressing the juices into the pan. Discard the solids and continue until all of the fruit in the pot has been sifted.
4. Stir the fruit and sugar water until completely incorporated and pour it into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Put the uncovered bowl in the freezer.
5. Take out the bowl in an hour and use a fork to mince the fruit into small pieces like shaved ice. Repeat this every hour until all of the liquid is frozen, about 3 hours.
6. Pour the shaved ice into a martini glass and serve immediately.
Carpool crunch: Keep your manicure – replace the crushed fruit with 1 cup of fruit juice and do without mashing and sifting.