Must haves for a cleaning routine – Clean Mama
May 12, 2021
I’ve just started a new series – Simple Shortcuts. You can see all of the posts in the series here. Go to Instagram to add your favorite tips to the Stories question box. While we’re in cleaning mode, I thought it would be fun and helpful to share some of my must-haves for my cleaning routine as well.
These are my cleaning routines that products must contain – they make cleaning up a little easier and more enjoyable. Simplifying your cleaning routine is key to saving cleaning time. You can see my favorite housekeeping products in the Clean Mama Shop and my Amazon favorites here in the Cleaning category.
- Laundry basket – A good laundry basket is helpful for the laundry, but it can also be used for a quick pickup and / or a donation basket.
- Vacuum cleaner with attachments – A good vacuum cleaner with attachments makes vacuuming easier and the attachments help with deep cleaning.
- Cleaning wipes – Cleaning with cleaning cloths makes cleaning easier and more effective. Here are my all-time favorites and, in my opinion, the best out there!
- Homekeeping Planner – I love having a plan and the homekeeping planner outlines my homework for me. It takes the guesswork out of the routine. There are still some homekeeping planners left – late summer 2022 releases. The best thing about the Homekeeping Planner? It’s undated so you can start the day you receive it without missing any pages.
- timer – Never underestimate the setting of a timer for a small cleaning! Set a timer for 10-15 minutes, turn on music, and get something done.
- Detergent spray + oxygen brightener – These two products are my must-have for everyday laundry. The detergent spray is safe for all fabrics, can be used as a pretreatment agent and is so easy to use. Oxygen Whitener is a safe and natural whitener that can be used on white wines, colors and for cleaning! Check out all Clean Mama Laundry products here.
- scrub – My nightly sink scrub routine is a simple routine that helps keep the kitchen clean and is an easy addition to evening cleaning.
- Dust stick / duster – Dusting is one of those not-so-fun cleaning chores, but when you have a good duster it is a little easier.
- Scrub brushes – Brushes are necessities for good cleaning – I have a handful of different sizes and types for different purposes.
- Microfiber floor wiper – Clean floors are an instant room cleaner. I love a microfiber mop for quickly washing the floor.
- Scrub sponges – Sponges are versatile and ideal for quick cleaning and thorough cleaning.
- Clean the caddy or bucket – Of course you need a place for your cleaning supplies – a good cleaning caddy or bucket is a must.
I hope this list gives you some inspiration as you get inspiration for starting a cleaning routine. Do you have a must for a cleaning routine?
All articles in the Simple Shortcuts series can be found here.
All content is subject to copyright 2021, Clean Mama. Clean Mama, the phrase “something every day”, Homekeeping Society and Homekeeping Planner are registered trademarks.
Branding from Spruce Rd.
The Curio Co. website