May 24, 2021
I am very excited to share a new series with you – – Clean up mom’s simple shortcuts. For the next six weeks, I’ll share my simple favorite shortcuts every Monday and collect yours on Instagram. I’ll be sharing them on Instagram as you share them, but I’ll also be collecting them over the next six weeks and sharing them as a free printable version at the end of the series. I felt like I really need simple and easy now – you too? Can’t wait for us to collect all of the tips that will help us over the next six weeks. It will be really fun and helpful to feel in the community. Make sure you get involved on Instagram too!
Today we’re going to talk about our favorite laundry tips! I’ll list a few of mine below, add yours to the comments here, or head over to Instagram to include yours in the Stories question box.
My favorite simple abbreviations for laundry? These are the washing tips and tricks that will make it a little easier and less daunting to do the laundry. Ready?
My favorite underwear tip of all time? DO A DAY!
One load a day from start to finish is enough to make washing easier. I know this sounds like a lot, or it will be a waste of time. In reality, a load or two of laundry takes minutes a day compared to the time it would take if you had them piled up and done all at once. Doubtful? Time it next time and see how long it takes.
HOW TO DO THIS WORK FOR YOU:
If you’re skeptical or not sure where to start, here are some ideas to make this work for you at home.
- At the end of the day, collect all of the laundry around the house or just have one basket in the laundry room and wash what’s in it daily. With three children we easily have one load of laundry every day, on some days there are several loads. (This is not the method I use, but a lot of people use this method!)
- Do not separate children’s clothes into white and dark, throw everything in the cold. I have never had any color transfer issues with this method. The two older children fold their own clothes and put them away – that is very helpful! Use the summer to teach your children how to do their own laundry.
- For my husband and I I make separate clothes (white, dark, training clothes) and everyone has their own basket so that our clothes are washed separately. We both train quite a bit, so I usually have a lot of workout clothes for each of us every week as well.
- If you work outside the home, set your washing machine to start about an hour before you wake up. Once you get up, toss it in the dryer and fold it before leaving or when you get home.
- Don’t have enough laundry for one load a day? Try to do a load every other day or every third day.
A few more laundry tips:
- Use simple and safe laundry products – I love using laundry products that really work and make the laundry process easier. If you’re looking for an easier and better way to do your laundry, you have to try my laundry detergent spray. Combine it with Oxygen Whitener for the cleanest wash ever! Go here to see all laundry products in the shop!
Hang shirts using the folding method – Start with a pile of clean shirts and use this method:
- Grab your hangers – have them all facing the same direction (it’s easier to hang clothes quickly this way).
- Place a hanger on top of the first item on top of the stack.
- Fold the hanger over so that it is still on top of the pile but not hung up.
- Continue until everything is in the stack on a hanger.
- Hang up the pile.
It’s your turn! What are your favorite simple shortcuts for laundry? Share in the question box on Instagram Monday and Tuesday of this week or in the comments here on the blog.
My newest book, Clean Mama’s Guide to Peaceful Home, goes into detail about setting up systems and rituals in your home and is a great addition to your housekeeping trip.