Posts on Clarks Condensed contain affiliate links from which I earn a small commission. These are provided for your convenience, and the price is not increased at all.
Personalized mugs Make great gifts perfect for any occasion. With the help of your Cricut, you have this inexpensive, handmade gifts, You’ll have this whipped in no time!
DIY Dollar Tree Mug
It is so heartwarming to receive a handmade gift. I am a big fan of receiving gifts that I can say to someone who has put a lot of thought and heart and soul into.
While I have to say our lives can be pretty busy, it’s nice to have some quick ideas when you need a gift quick. The best part is how budget friendly it is to make these adorable DIY mugs! I get my mugs at the Dollar Tree and the design is so small that it’s a great use of that vinyl scrap we all hate to throw away.
We love Dollar Tree projects here – so be sure to read this post for even more Dollar Tree Cricut ideas!
Which design should I put on my mug?
Mugs are such a fun, blank chalkboard to work with, and your only real limit here is your creativity! When you think about your design, you really think about your recipient. The more personal – the better!
If you’d like to duplicate the mug I made, you can purchase our Teacher Fuel SVG file below:
Is my mug dishwasher safe?
Personally, I wouldn’t wash this mug in the dishwasher. The design will last a lot longer if you hand wash it.
Do I really have to bake my mug?
It may seem a bit over the top, but this is the magic step to really getting the vinyl to stick. There’s nothing worse than taking the time to do something and then take the vinyl off after a single use!
So make sure you don’t skip this step – and don’t skip preparing the mug with alcohol either! The rubbing alcohol removes any oils or dust that was preventing your vinyl from sticking.
How to make a mug with Cricut
Make sure to shop our cricut store on Amazon for all of your cricutting needs. When shopping at Cricut.com, use code CC2021 for 10% off and free shipping of supplies and supplies on Cricut.com for orders over $ 50.
You will need:
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Use your Cricut to cut out a design from permanent adhesive vinyl. Weed your design.
- Wash your mug thoroughly and clean the mug with cotton swabs with alcohol. Make sure your mug is dry.
- Use your transfer tape to apply the vinyl design to the mug.
- Bake the mug in the oven for 15 minutes.
DIY Dollar Tree Conversation Heart Garland
Heart-shaped wood cutouts
Vinyl (I used red HTV to match the original conversation hearts, but you can use any color you want.)
Cricut or another cutting machine
Cricut EasyPress if you are using HTV
- Paint the hearts in different colors. I had eight hearts and I used 4 different colors so I have 2 hearts of each color. If possible, let it dry for about 24 hours.
- Open the Cricut Design Space and create a new project.
- Add text and put any sayings you want in your conversation hearts.
- When you’re done, choose Make It.
- Crop the pictures. * Don’t forget to mirror the image when using HTV.
- Weed excess vinyl and apply to hearts. If you’re using self-adhesive vinyl, use transfer tape to apply designs to hearts. If you’re using HTV, check the packaging of your vinyl to make sure you’re using the correct settings for your EasyPress. (Temperature, duration, hot / cold peeling, etc.)
- Thread your hearts on whatever ribbon, twine, or thread you want. Enjoy!
I had eight hearts and I used 4 different colors so I have 2 hearts of each color.
The font I used was Helvetica Neue in 65 pt font, and I changed the line spacing to -3.1.
Other fun crafts you might like: