August 5, 2021
Folding sheets is not that difficult, but it can be cumbersome and it’s always nicer to put a properly folded sheet on a bed than a rolled up sheet on the bed. I’ve found that having a method of folding sheets and sticking to it is easier – all of the sheets stack nicely, and it’s just easier to fold, tuck, and store.
Fold the fitted sheet or flat sheet
- Pull the sheets out of the dryer – try to bring them when they are warm so you don’t have clenched or wrinkled sheets.
- Fold the sheets in half lengthways.
- Fitted sheets – tucking one corner into the other – like a bag.
- Fold the sheet in half again with the matching corners inward.
- Fold the sheet in half and bring the two corners together.
- Fold it in half again – it should be approximately 11 “x 14”, if not, fold it again.
- If you are using a flat sheet, fold it in the same way and stack the flat sheet and fitted sheet together, or wrap the flat sheet around the fitted sheet.
- Place the extra pillowcase in the sheets or on top and slide the “package” into the pillowcase.
- Place the sets on top of each other on a shelf or in a basket.
Do you use a sheet folding method? I find it very helpful to have only one method of folding sheets even if you don’t use my method by simply following a certain type of folding to keep them neat and tidy on your shelf or wherever you keep them keep.
A few sheets of FAQs:
- My favorite papers? Böll & Zweig. I love the sheets, duvet covers, and comforters.
- We only use fitted sheets. This makes bed-making easy and simplifies embedding.
- I wash bed linen and towels on Saturdays as part of the Clean Mama routine. You can find out more about the routine here.
- I use Clean Mama laundry detergent to wash bedding. Check it out here. They make sliding into a freshly made bed with clean sheets even better!
Do you need help with your laundry routine? Check out my printable kit – Clean Mama’s Instructions for washing. There are 25 pages of laundry love, perfect for getting your laundry under control once and for all!
Do not miss the washing products in the Clean Mama Shop – natural, safe AND effective, check them out here. They make sliding into a freshly made bed with clean sheets even better!