March 4, 2021
This week, as we prepare for spring cleaning with me, we are preparing our supplies and cleaning our washrooms. If we take the time to do these things, we will be successful in the month to come. Today I am going to share the steps I am taking to do a DEEP clean in the laundry room. Take the steps that work for you and clean your laundry room this week too. Also this week, if you have the extra time, let the laundry trap you as you can.
HOW TO CLEAN A LAUNDRY
Think of the ceiling from top to bottom and left to right as you work your way through your room. Grab your supplies so you can be ready to clean and stay nearby and clean up quickly. What supplies do you need? A vacuum cleaner, pull-out duster, microfiber cleaning cloths, and an all-purpose cleaner.
- Start cleaning your washing machine. If you don’t know how to do that, follow the steps in this post with a free printable guide.
- Remove everything from the shelves or your washer / dryer and move it outside of the laundry room. Use a laundry basket to give your items a temporary home.
- Use an extendable brush or duster to wipe air vents, lights, corners and edges. Here is a link to one that is similar to the one I use – I LOVE IT! If you grab one, you’ll also reach for an extendable pole.
- Use a vacuum attachment to vacuum around and under machines.
- Vacuum the lint filter and the lint trap.
- Spray a soft cloth with all-purpose cleaner and wipe the top and sides of the washer and dryer.
- Vacuum the baseboards and the floor.
- Wash the baseboards and the floor.
- After the washing machine finishes its cleaning cycle, wipe the seals and compartments with a clean, dry cloth.
- Bring all items back to the laundry room and admire this clean space!
Do you need help with your laundry? Check out my new printable kit – Clean Mama’s Laundry instructions. There are 25 pages of laundry love, perfect for getting your laundry under control once and for all!
If you are working on prep week this week, this is not to be missed Spring cleaning sale this week in the shop – Fill your shopping cart and fill in! I have marked some products in the shop so that you will receive a 10% discount on top of the sales prices. The Homekeeping Planner and the weekly wall calendar are on sale, all printouts Are tagged, Essential oils are on sale to sell something new and more! (Hopefully the laundry powders will be back in stock later this week – if not, they will go on sale as soon as they come back!) Use the coupon code SPRINGCLEANSALE You receive a 10% discount on your entire order on the products in the shop and can use the same voucher code SPRINGCLEANSALE for $ 10 off a new subscription to the Homekeeping Society – This voucher is valid for the monthly AND annual plans! This is the last time I have a voucher for the Homekeeping Society before December (just for your information).
HERE’S YOUR CHECKLIST TO GET STARTED:
- CONSEQUENCES: Make sure to join @CLEANMAMA on Instagram
- SUBSCRIBE TO: If you have not subscribed to the blog, you can do so by putting your name and email address on the FREE PRINTABLE PAGE
- DOWNLOAD + PRINT: Once you’ve received the password (you only need to enter your email address ONE TIME) check out the spring cleaning checklist on the FREE PRINTABLE page – this is what we are tracking for the month of March.
TELL YOUR FRIENDS: Spread the word on your social media and tag me so I can share too! Cleaning with friends is always more fun!
VIEW EVERY MONDAY FOR NEW POST: Every Monday for the month of March, I’ll work out the plan for the week, tell you how I’m approaching spring cleaning, and then I’ll have a post or two during each week to help with the tasks for the week. Make sure to check Instagram for DAILY updates from Clean Mama HQ (my house).
SPRING CLEANING IS THE MONTHLY FOCUS FOR MARCH: You can find the monthly focus in the Homekeeping Planner and in the subscription to the Homekeeping Society. If you’re looking to work with a small group, join the Homekeeping Society for assistance!
SPRING CLEANING WITH ME SCHEDULE – I’ll link the posts when we go!
WEEK 1: Preparation week + laundry room
WEEK 2: dusting + wiping
WEEK 3: Thoroughly clean the kitchen
WEEK 4: Windows + bathroom
WEEK 5: beds + floors