A few weeks ago when I was running errands I was listening to my car radio and heard a caller on a radio show talking about a sweet / salty dessert she made with fritos. That was what fascinated me to start my search for fritos for dessert. I discovered a recipe we moms might want to try:
Be sure to share your experiences or recipes that you may have and love with us.
Funky Frito Fruckies
- 10 1/2 ounces corn chips
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of light corn syrup
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 11 (1.55 oz) milk chocolate bar
- Place the corn chips in a greased 10 by 15 inch pan.
- In a saucepan, bring the sugar and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and whisk the peanut butter until smooth.
- Pour this over the chip and smooth level. Place the candy bars over the hot mixture in a single layer and wait a few minutes for the heat to melt. Then flatten the chocolate to form a thin layer. Let cool and break into pieces.
The post fritos for dessert? Try Funky Frito Fruckies first appeared on 24/7 Moms.