August 30, 2021
Let’s talk about cleaning bathrooms. Cleaning the bathroom is not fun, but it is necessary. Combine this task with a day of the week (Monday) and my simple and effective method of quickly cleaning bathrooms in 15 minutes (or less) and you will find that bathroom cleaning isn’t that bad. If you clean the bathrooms thoroughly on Mondays and wipe down the counters as needed during the week (WIPE COUNTERS is a daily chore), you will find your bathrooms stay clean all week.
Why do I clean the toilets on Mondays? After the weekend, the bathrooms need a good cleaning, I’m not a fan of bathroom cleaning so I get it out of the way right away and it sets the tone for the week! It’s that simple, learn and teach your family members so they all know the tricks!
If you are new here, the Clean Mama Routine has 4 parts – I always recommend starting with DAILY TASKS and working your way to MONTHLY FOCUS.
What’s the secret of the routine? CONSISTENCY – Doing a little every day is what will help you take your home to the next level of cleanliness. The Clean Mama routine is for those little moments you have during the day – you know what to do because they have a schedule – it takes the guesswork out of figuring out what to clean and when to clean it have to.
Monday is a great day to start the Clean Mama routine – we clean the bathrooms and put them out of the way for the week.
I have an easy way to quickly clean bathrooms and I have it in the form of a checklist on the free printable page for you. Go here to grab it.
COLLECT YOUR STORAGE MATERIALS AND TOOLS – I HAVE THAT’S IN MY CADDY:
- DIY CLEANING SPRAY or my ALL PURPOSE SPRAY
- Hydrogen peroxide – I put a SPRAYER on the bottle and use it to disinfect
- CASTILE SOAP – Splash into the toilet and scrub or add to the sink peel or Oxygen Whitener (below) for a little extra cleansing effect
- SINK SCRUB – use this in bathtubs, showers, sinks, toilets – anywhere you need a little scrubbing power
- OXYGEN DISCLOSURE AGENT – sprinkle in toilets to lighten
- CLEANING CLOTHS – My preference for bathrooms is the cleaning cloth set as it includes a window cloth, an all-purpose cloth and a scouring cloth. Use what you prefer, of course
- CLEANING CADDY – I use a large bucket with a handle so I can move it from bath to bath
- GLASS SPRAY BOTTLES – my preference for DIY cleaners
- SCRUB BRUSH (ES) – I use a large area scrubber and detail brush in the bathrooms to scrub tiles and grout as needed
QUICK TIP: Put your bathroom cleaning supplies in a bathroom cleaning caddy. I’ve been doing this for probably almost 20 years – I love having bathroom cleaning trolleys because you have all of your utensils on hand.
You can see all of my favorites on my favorites page here.
FASTER CLEANING PROCEDURES:
It doesn’t matter if you have 1 or 6 bathrooms, this method is the easiest, fastest way to get them all clean, quick. Even better? This is not a wrong cleaning or touch-up – it is a complete and thorough cleaning. The first few weeks will most likely be a little longer than 15 minutes, but once you master this technique you will see how quick and easy it is.
Now that you know what you need, it’s time to CLEAN your bathroom. Follow the checklist – you will find that you are not vacuuming or washing the floors. This speeds up the process and if you clean all week you will see that we vacuum on Wednesday and wash the floors on Thursday. Once you’ve done the routine for a couple of weeks, you’ll find that it’s so much more efficient and you won’t find yourself vacuuming or washing the floor while cleaning the bathroom on Mondays.
HERE ARE THE STEPS TO CLEAN YOUR BATHROOM FASTER – these are the same steps in the free printable version:
- Clear counters and all surfaces.
- Spray a cloth (do not spray on the mirrors) with glass cleaner and wipe any mirrors clean – Keep this towel handy and reuse it in every bathroom.
- Thoroughly spray the sink, toilet, and bathtub or shower (if you don’t have a Tub or shower regularly (you don’t have to clean it weekly) and spray quickly with your disinfecting cleaner.
- Use your favorite toilet cleaner and brush and do a quick one clean your toilet. I use a scoop of Oxygen Whitener and a squirt of Castile Soap, let it sit and come back and scrub it a little. If you’re new here and wondering how do I clean toilets, here is how I clean a toilet naturally.
- Repeat these steps in each bathroom. Once you do that Go back to the first bathroom.
- Wipe the sink, wipe the toilet, and wipe the tub or shower –Be sure to use a separate cloth or paper towel for each toilet and lower it to avoid cross-contamination. I love the scrubbing cloth from the cleaning cloth set – it’s great for wiping up toothpaste and scrubbing off drops and spilled liquids.
- Put dirty towels in a container or basket.
- Proceed to wiping the next bathroom and the next one until They quickly wiped every bathroom.
- Change hand and bath towels.
Quick tip: Save the floors for vacuuming and floor washing days. Quickly vacuum your tubs and showers to collect dust and make wiping and scrubbing your tub and / or shower a little easier.
Why does this method work? They use an assembly line method – it speeds the process, keeps you hooked, and helps you get from one bathroom to the next quickly. If you repeat it for a few montages you will find that it is a quick and effective way to clean bathrooms. You might even look forward to cleaning them!
Are you looking for more cleaning inspiration?
Get access to Clean Mama’s free Quick Clean Printable
You also get access to the entire free printable library!